Opel Commodore C Voyage

• I like your Commodore C Voyage :sehrgut::sehrgut::sehrgut:

Achtung: einige meiner Äußerungen könnten meine persönliche Meinung widerspiegeln.

• That´s really a good looking wagon. :sehrgut: I don´t know the base model, so what did you change?

Mein Englisch zieht mir selbst gerade die Schuhe aus, ich werde gerade von akuten Wortfindungsstörungen heimgesucht... :schämen:

Natürlich kannst Du das wieder so machen, aber dann ist es halt wieder falsch.

• Hi Christoph,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding the model.
    It is a combination of the Opel Rekord E2 Caravan body and the Opel Commodore C sedan front part. Both are from the Eaglemoss Opel Collection series. See the pic attached.

Best wishes, George

P.S. The spare parts could be combined into the Opel Rekord E2 4-door sedan. Of course, some correction of the rear part of the body and the rear lights needed. This model is in progress now.

• Wow, what a great looking Model! :erstaunt: Looks perfect from every angle. :cool:

I´ve nearly could have gotten the real Car almost one and a half Years ago, in Silver with Blue Interior. :ja: At this time, a Model Car of it would have been the greatest! :hitze: Even thougt on my own about modifiing a Car from the Opel Collection. :kichern: But i didn´t think it could be so easy. :schämen: Maybe i´m gonna try it on my own now as well. :augenrollen:

So thank´s for bringing back Memories, and for showing this beautyful Model Car. :sehrgut: :winken:

• Hi Sebastian,

Thank you very much for your kind words! Your feedback is very inspiring.
    But who said it was easy? ;) Well, I am just kidding, it is quite easy with some patience. Since you are considering to build one, I could post a step-by-step report if you like. I am going to build another one, and I hope to start this weekend. Should I document the process?

Best wishes, George

• Hi George,

no Problem, you´re welcome. :)

Oh, i´d be glad, if you´d make a step-by-step Report from the other Model in progress. :bitte: I think, this would help me a lot by modifiing "mine" alone. ;) So, an documented Progress would be extremely nice. :cool:

Best wishes, and good luck. :)

Sebastian :winken:

• Hi Sebastian,

As promised, below are the pictures of the process.
    Let's start.

The fun part. The Commo disassembled.

The E2 follows.

The smelly part. Paint removed.

The hard part. Both cut.

The time-consuming part. The side moldings are removed.

The big holes.

The small hole for the rear wiper.

Dry fit test. Everything seems OK.

New body glued together.

Some milliput added.

To be continued..

Best wishes, George.

• Hello George. :)

Thanks a lot for this first part of this custom built. :bitte: :sehrgut: This will help me a lot by modifiing the model on my own. :ja: Hope it´s okay, if i´m gonna print the process, so i can look at it every time. :) Oldschool-Paper i think is better to look at in this case, than sitting in front of the laptop-screen. :kichern: Looking foreward to see the next steps of this process. :freuen:

Best wishes, and good luck. ;)

Sebastian :winken:

• Absolutely great looking models! Very fine and accurate work.
    Are you owner of a real Commodore Voyage? A great and very rare car, only about 3000 were sold in Germany.
    How did you realised the lettering on the tailgate? Looks grat.
    I have a 1:1 Opel Monza, and a Commo Voyage would be a wish for the future...:)

• Hi Andrej,

Thank you very much for your kind words.
    You are absolutely right, this car is great. I wish I would have one in my posession, alas I do not :) But my current car is a 'caravan' speaking the Opel language, and I like this type of car body. :sehrgut: I even plan to build the Senator Caravan by Keinath. Though I have to find or made the proper wheel rims first. I know there was a WT 4357 set by Scala 43, but it looks to be discontinued long ago and hard to find now.
    The lettering is custom made.
    The Opel Monza is a superb car too. My compliments. There is definitely something special in the cars of this period of time.

Best wishes, George

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!