1/18 Toyota GT86, Track day car

• Well.... this is my first non rally build. and I remember I shared this project earlier at the very beginning.

Now, the exterior is almost finished. and yes its not a Funny Bunny kit... I guess recently we have been seeing millions of them. so, this will be a bit different as I am planning on a track day car.

Next step of my build will be the interior.

I am thinking of doing a half cage with harnesses and bucket seats as interior details.
    and will see how it goes from there..

Any ideas what color floor panel and cage I should do? suggestions welcome ;)

this is its current shape so far...

hope you guys will like it.

• I really like the concept of a gt86 thats no rocket bunny...:kichern:
    But tbh I dont think the Wing looks good on the gt, I'd prefer something like a voltex wing...
    Also I'd add some decals&stickers :)

keep us updated:sehrgut:

Wer Opels in der Kurve brät, hat ein Honda Heizgerät

• Nice Track day toy :sehrgut:. I drove a stock standard GT a while back on the Bilster Berg (brilliant track btw ;);) ). Besides lacking some power the GT is real fun and easy to handle - even sideways :kichern:.

Don't forget to put one of these at the front. A "must" on track days.

http://shop.carmania.ch/images…info_images/so01612rs.jpg

• thank you gentlemen for the comments :)
    as you all know I am not that experienced on modding street cars but more on building rally cars due to my special interest.
    so, this was just an occasion I start building. so, tks for all comments....

not to much of a fan of the wheels, but the rest sofar looks great and suits the car.
    the cage you should do cusco blue :)

thank you Lars, glad you liked it. I was also thinking of the cusco blue cage. but not sure what to do with the floor panel color, silver?

I really like the concept of a gt86 thats no rocket bunny...:kichern:
    But tbh I dont think the Wing looks good on the gt, I'd prefer something like a voltex wing...
    Also I'd add some decals&stickers :)
    keep us updated:sehrgut:

I also like the non bunny idea much as I said before, there are so many out there and started to get tired seeing another one..
    I was thinking Voltex will suit more of a wide body car. that was one of the reasons I was looking for something smaller but still do the job ;)
    I will keep the stickers in mind :)

Nice Track day toy :sehrgut:. I drove a stock standard GT a while back on the Bilster Berg (brilliant track btw ;);) ). Besides lacking some power the GT is real fun and easy to handle - even sideways :kichern:.
    Don't forget to put one of these at the front. A "must" on track days.
    http://shop.carmania.ch/images…info_images/so01612rs.jpg

thats nice to hear you have already had a track experience with this little beauty. although I didn't have chance to drive one, I am sure it will be fun as it looks like the weight distribution is well handled in this car.

Not sure about the scoob.... :keineahnung:

Need some air intake for that future intercooler :)

• i think a small TRD spoiler lip would also look great
    not to big, not to small :)
    floor pannel in silver would suit the car well i think, best would be to try it out. :)

I will keep your wing suggestion in mind Lars, thanks ;)
    yep I also think silver would suit well.. lets see how it goes...

I don´t like the OEM big rear wing for the 86 but I like how your wing and rims look together on the 86.
    It´s something different. :sehrgut:

cheers Christian, glad you liked the combination. and as you mentioned I was trying on something different this time...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!